25 Best Books for 2-Year-Olds
Raising a two-year old is a unique joy and an adventure all in one. Choosing books that will keep the little one’s interests alive and spark the love of literature can be tricky. To make the process easier, here are 25 of the best books for 2-year-olds:
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle – This classic board book features bright pictures and rhyming words that will keep two-year olds entertained.
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown – Follow a bunny around his bedroom as he says goodnight to various animals and objects.
- Hooray for Fish! by Lucy Cousins – The brightly colored fish illustrations will delight two-year olds as they learn all about numbers and counting.
- I Spy by Jean Marzollo – A classic I Spy book with bright and colorful photographs of objects that two-year olds can identify.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle – Trace a caterpillar’s journey through a week of eating and transformation into a beautiful butterfly.
- Where’s Spot? by Eric Hill – Help two-year olds use color and shapes to help Spot the puppy find his way home.
- Corduroy by Don Freeman – See how a little teddy bear looks for the missing button he needs to find a home.
- A Color of His Own by Leo Lionni – Follow a chameleon as he searches for a color that he can call his own.
- Is Your Mama a Llama? by Deborah Guarino – Bright and playful illustrations will engage two-year olds as they discover different types of animals.
- Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans – Learn about courage and friendship as Madeline and her fellow students have a series of escapades.
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss – Immerse two-year olds into an entertaining story of a mischievous cat and a wild house.
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats – A classic winter story of a little boy who loves to explore and play in the snow.
- Frog and Toad Are Friends by Arnold Lobel – Follow the fun adventures of two good friends, Frog and Toad.
- Goodnight Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann – Witness a playful monkey and his not-so-friendly zookeeper as they go about their nightly routine.
- Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson – Join Harold as he imagines a world with just a purple crayon to create a unique and wonderful story.
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff – See what happens when a mouse interacts with a child in this long-time favorite.
- Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey – Follow a pair of mallard ducks as they find their way to the Public Garden in Boston.
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak – Witness Max’s wild adventures in an island where all kinds of creatures live.
Choosing the right books to introduce two-year olds to the world of reading is not a daunting task anymore. With these 25 books, they will be off to a great start in their reading journey!