Festive Finger Food Ideas for Babies and Toddlers
It’s the festive season and to get your little ones into the holiday spirit why not give them festive snacks to enjoy. Finger foods are perfect for learning eaters, and here’s a list of 5 clever ideas for babies and toddlers:
Cheesy Turkey Toast
- Spread cream cheese over toast.
- Arrange a few thin slices of turkey on the toast.
- Top with freshly chopped chives.
- Cut into neat strips.
- Mix together one mashed banana and ¼ cup of yogurt.
- Gently fold in ½ cup of self-raising flour.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of raisins, and 2 tablespoons of sultanas.
- Spoon into greased muffin trays.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Spread cream cheese over diced toast.
- Place whole cranberries on each piece of toast.
- Place another piece of toast on top.
- Cut into festive shapes e.g. stars and trees.
- Cut cheese slices into snowman shapes.
- Top them with pieces of cooked carrot or sliced, drained olives.
- Give each snowman a hat or scarf using thin pieces of smoked salmon or other festive deli meats.
- Peel and halve a banana.
- Using a metal cutter, cut shapes from a slice of smoked salmon or turkey.
- Place two banana halves, cut side up, on a plate.
- Use raisins or olives for eyes and half a cranberry for a nose.
- Put little hat and scarf on your penguins.
These five festive finger foods are sure to get your little ones excited about celebrating the holidays.