Preparing Differently for a Second Out-of-Hospital Birth after ECV + Discussion of Multiple Losses – Aaron Brame
Pregnancy and childbirth bring so much joy to expecting families. But there are also unique challenges and stressors. Aaron Brame, co-founder, and CEO of 792, created a series of videos to help families face their doubts and questions during this special period.
What is ECV?
ECV stands for “external cephalic version,” which is a procedure performed to turn a baby from “breech” to cephalic presentation (head-down). In most cases, ECV is a safe and effective way to turn the baby before birth.
Tips for Preparing Differently for a 2nd Out-of-Hospital Birth after ECV
Aaron gives several tips for preparing differently for a 2nd Out-of-Hospital Birth after ECV. Here is a list of tips for families:
- Talk to your doctor: Have an open and honest dialogue with your doctor to discuss any risks associated with your birth plan and your individual needs.
- Create a birth plan: Create a birth plan with your healthcare provider that outlines your wishes and expectations regarding labor and delivery.
- Consider options: Discuss your medical options in-depth. Research multiple options for presentation and active management prior to and during labor.
- Be aware of risks: Research any escalation in medical management that may be required due to mother or baby’s health.
- Make sure you understand: Have a clear understanding of the signs, symptoms, and risks of complications that may arise during labor.
Discussion of Multiple Losses
Aaron further delves into topics surrounding multiple losses. He talks about how to cope and seek support if you have experienced a miscarriage, stillbirth, or any other type of loss in your pregnancy. He also speaks about the importance of self-care and ways to cope emotionally and spiritually. It is important to remember that everyone processes and grieves differently and it is okay to feel overwhelmed and seek support from family and friends.
At 792, Aaron’s mission is to help families through the highs and lows of pregnancy and childbirth. He believes in empowering families with accurate and evidence-based information so that you can make educated decisions along your journey.
Whether you are preparing for a 2nd Out-of-Hospital Birth after ECV or facing a multiple loss, Aaron’s videos are an invaluable resource. He provides evidence-based information and practical advice to help families through this special time, and his videos are a great way to stay informed and prepared.