Pregnancy Calendar – Week 22
As your pregnancy progresses, your baby is now the size of a small cantaloupe and is beginning to look like a newborn. Here is what is happening in your body during Week 22 of your pregnancy.
Your body is now changing and growing each day, and you might be starting to feel the effects. Symptoms this week may include:
- Backaches and pains
- Stretch marks
- Increased appetite
Your baby is rapidly developing during Week 22. Their brain is growing more complex and their facial features are becoming more defined.
Their skin is still thin and transparent, but it’s starting to become pinker. They are also gaining fat and muscle, so their movements are becoming stronger and more frequent. Your baby is turning their head and responding to sound.
Tips for Moms
At Week 22, it’s important for expecting moms to take care of themselves and follow the guidance of their doctor. Here are some tips to help you:
- Get plenty of rest, and if possible, try to focus on relaxing activities.
- Eat a healthy diet of nutrient-rich foods.
- Take prenatal vitamins to ensure your baby gets enough nutrients.
- Drink lots of fluids and stay hydrated.
- Exercise regularly to keep your body active and healthy.
By following these tips and taking good care of yourself, you can help ensure a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.