Pregnancy Calendar – Week 37
Congratulations! You have been pregnant for 37 weeks! You and your baby are doing great!
Signs & Symptoms
As you enter this week, be aware of the following signs and symptoms:
- Weight Gain: You may continue to gain small amounts of weight. Speak to your healthcare provider if you have questions.
- Shortness of Breath: You may experience shortness of breath due to the pressure of the baby on your rib cage.
- Contractions: You may start to feel Braxton Hicks contractions, which are a result of your uterus tightening and relaxing.
- Frequent Urination: You may find yourself having to go to the bathroom more often due to the pressure of the baby on your bladder.
Your baby is continuing to grow and develop during this week.
- Size: Your baby is about 19-20 inches in length from head to toe and weighs about 6-7 pounds.
- Organ Development: Your baby’s lungs and digestive system are continuing to mature.
- Movement: Your baby is still active but you may notice fewer, less frequent, movements.
During week 37 of your pregnancy, stay in touch with your healthcare provider and be aware of any signs and symptoms you may be experiencing. Remember to take your vitamins and get plenty of rest in the coming weeks. Congratulations! You have come so far!