Pregnancy Calendar – Week 6
Pregnancy is an amazing and exciting journey. During the first trimester, each week brings changes, from the moment of conception to birth. As you are now entering week 6 of your pregnancy, here’s what to expect.
What Happens During Week 6?
- The Baby’s Development – All the major internal organs have formed, including the brain and heart.The baby’s fingers,toes,ears, and nose are also starting to take shape.Your baby is also able to move around, although you won’t feel it yet.
- Your Body’s Changes – At this point, you may experience common pregnancy symptoms, like nausea and fatigue.You may also notice breast changes, such as feeling fuller and more sensitive.
- Tips for a Healthy Pregnancy –
- Keep your energy levels up by eating healthy, small meals throughout the day.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and to help with constipation.
- Engage in light exercise like walking to help build strength and endurance.
- Get plenty of rest to reduce fatigue and mood swings.
Your baby is now the size of a sweet pea and growing rapidly. As you begin week 6, know that you are one step closer to meeting your baby. If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to speak to your doctor.