Pregnancy Calendar – Week 8
We’re already on Week 8 of your pregnancy! This is a crucial period for your baby and your body as several major changes are starting to take place.
At 8 weeks, your baby has started to develop body parts and organs. Major milestones this week include:
- Heart: The heart starts to divide into four chambers, and is almost fully complete.
- Eyes: Eye sockets start to form on the face and eyelids will develop over the next few weeks.
- Nose: The nasal passages are fully developed.
- Fingers: Fingers and toes are beginning to form.
- Limbs: Arms and can start to flex at the elbows and knees.
At this stage, your baby bump would be about the size of an orange. So now is a great time to start wearing maternity wear and getting used to the changes in your body.
You may also start to notice certain changes in your body, such as:
- Weight gain: You may notice that your weight is increasing.
- Swelling: There may be some mild swelling in your feet and legs.
- Fatigue: You may still be feeling very fatigued, so it is important to get plenty of rest.
- Mood swings: Feelings of happiness and sadness may alternate more frequently, leading to mood swings.
- Cravings: Pregnant women can experience cravings for certain foods.
At this stage, it is vital to start taking extra precautions. Make sure to eat a well-balanced diet and avoid any potentially hazardous activities such as contact sports. If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to speak to your doctor.
It’s an exciting stage and you are well on your way to welcoming your little one into the world!
This has been your Pregnancy Calendar – Week 8.