Letting Your Baby Learn to Crawl With Multi-Sensory Toys
Toys that encourage babies to crawl are all the rage right now, and parents are grabbing them up as soon as they hit store shelves. Multi-sensory toys offer developmental benefits, and not just from an exercising standpoint.
Why Multi-Sensory Toys are a Must
Multi-sensory toys give babies the opportunity to experience the world in new and exciting ways, making them the perfect type of toy to explore life beyond crawling.
- Sight: Bright colors and physical shapes have an effect on vision and help babies learn to recognize objects that surround them.
- Touch: Babies can interact with a variety of textures when interacting with multi-sensory toys.
- Hearing: Many multi-sensory toys light up, make noise, or play music, helping babies learn to distinguish sounds.
- Smell: Certain multi-sensory toys have scents added to them, opening up a whole new level of exploration.
Multi-sensory toys are beneficial when it comes to a baby’s development. As they play with these toys, babies are learning to analyze and sort sensory input. They are also able to interact with the environment more efficiently, all while they are crawling and learning to become mobile.
Multi-sensory toys also help babies develop fine motor skills. Gripping, twisting, and winding can all be part of multi-sensory play. It helps them learn coordination, eye contact, and the ability to transfer toys from one hand to the other.
Parents who are looking for the perfect multi-sensory toy for babies to crawl with have many options. Some of the top-selling multi-sensory toys include:
- Vtech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker
- Fisher-Price Bake & Grow Green Baby Chef
- Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Puppy Walker
- Little Tikes ABC Baby Saurus
- LeapFrog My Pal Scout
These multi-sensory toys can do wonders to help your baby learn to crawl, and they are selling like hot cakes so don’t miss your chance!