These Multi-Sensory Toys are Encouraging Babies to Crawl — & They’re Selling Like Hotcakes
Babies are amazing little creatures, and one of the most exciting milestones is when they start to crawl. To aid in their development, parents are snatching up multi-sensory toys that will get them on the move.
Benefits of Crawling
There are many benefits of crawling for babies. These include:
- Strengthens muscles: Crawling strengthens babies’ muscles and develops fine motor skills
- Increases spatial awareness: Scooting around familiarizes babies with their physical environment, thereby increasing the baby’s spatial awareness.
- Expands knowledge: Crawling helps babies explore their environments and build their knowledge.
To make sure babies are getting all the benefits of crawling, parents are depending on multi-sensory toys to get their babies motivated. These are toys that use different senses such as touch, sight and hearing.
Popular multi-sensory toys that parents are opting for include color-changing light-up mats, rattles and musical toys that encourage crawling and exploration. Some even come with special features such as texture disks and other sensory surprises.
Why They’re Selling Like Hotcakes
Parents are loving these multi-sensory toys because they are:
- Interactive: By providing bright lights, soft music and interesting textures, these toys give babies plenty of opportunities to interact and learn.
- Low maintenance: Some of these toys are easy to clean, which is great for busy parents.
- Affordable and portable: These toys are often light in weight and come in small packages, making them ideal for taking on trips.
The combination of all these features is why multi-sensory toys are becoming so popular with parents in helping to get babies on the move.