These Multi-Sensory Toys Encourage Baby to Crawl — & They’re Selling Like Hotcakes
As babies start to explore the world around them, theyâ€™ve been known to crawl around and take in their surroundings from every angle. Getting your little one to start crawling around can be a challenge, though, and thatâ€™s why parents are flocking to these multi-sensory toys that encourage babies to start tackling the world on their hands and knees.
What Are Multi-Sensory Toys?
Multi-sensory toys are designed to help babies build their coordination and fine motor skills. They usually feature lights, colors, tactile surfaces, and the potential for movement — all of which combine to help babies understand their environment.
Different Types of Multi-Sensory Toys
- Activity Mats & Gym Sets: A great way to get your baby excited to explore and start building their motor skills, these adventure mats and gym sets often feature monkey bars, crawling tunnels, and other objects that can be moved and interacted with.
- Music & Lights: Musical toys with lights can help your baby become familiar with the world around them. Musical crawlers and light-up balls are great for helping your baby learn to move.
- Touch & Feel: Playing with soft, textured toys can help babies develop a tolerance for and interest in different materials. Feel and touch toys that feature crinkly paper, fluffy fur, or bumpy shapes are perfect for babies who are just starting to explore.
Benefits of Multi-Sensory Toys
Multi-sensory toys offer an array of developmental benefits, including:
- Promoting Healthy Gross Motor Skills: Through interaction, multi-sensory toys helps babies learn to crawl and then walk, as well as get used to hands-on play.
- Improving Coordination & Balance: Toys that involve music, lights, colors, and movements help babies build coordination and balance.
- Enhancing Cognitive Processes: When babies explore multi-sensory toys, it can help them learn colors, shapes, and numbers.
Why Are They Selling Like Hotcakes?
Parents who currently have a crawling baby (or an upcoming one) are excited about multi-sensory toys due to the range of benefits they offer. Combined with a fun play session, these multi-sensory toys offer the chance for babies to improve the development of their gross and fine motor skills.
With so much to offer, it’s no wonder multi-sensory toys are selling like hotcakes!