These Multi-Sensory Toys Encourage Baby to Crawl — & They’re Selling Like Hotcakes
Parents everywhere are beyond excited for the latest and greatest in baby products: multi-sensory toys that encourage our little ones to crawl. With an array of colors, shapes, and textures designed for baby’s development, these unique toys are a must-have for any child in the early stages of crawling.
Benefits of Multi-Sensory Toys
Multi-sensory toys set babies up for success by:
- Boosting coordination and core strength. The colorful components of these toys are designed to get baby moving, boosting strength in arms, legs, and torso.
- Improving sensory exploration. By introducing baby to new textures and colors, they learn to make sense of their environment.
- Supporting cognitive development. By playing with these stimulating toys, babies are exposed to visual and tactile cues that help build their understanding of the world.
Due to the amazing benefits of this multi-sensory development tool, it’s no surprise that they’re selling like hotcakes. Most baby care stores carry these items, but many popular brands have taken these toys to the next level:
- VTech. VTech has a lovely Lights and Lullabies Travel Mobile that provides a rainbow of colors, soft music, and soothing nightlight.
- Tiny Love. Tiny Love offers a super cuddly Curious Turtle Crinkle that includes crinkly feet and peek-a-boo flaps.
- Fisher-Price. Fisher-Price has a Baby’s First Blocks set with easy-to-grasp blocks that fit through corresponding slots.
When shopping for multi-sensory toys, it’s important to keep the following in mind:
- Safety. Look for toys that are made with non-toxic materials and have secure parts that can’t be easily pulled apart.
- Age-Appropriateness. Age restrictions are noted on toy packaging, so make sure you select one that is appropriate for your baby.
- Play Potential. Choose a toy that’s fun and engaging, with plenty of play potential. Your baby should be able to get a lot of use out of it.
Now that you’re in the know on the hottest baby product around, you can start shopping to join in on the fun. From VTech to Fisher-Price, these multi-sensory toys offer several benefits that help baby with their journey to crawling.