These Multi-Sensory Toys Encourage Baby to Crawl — & They’re Selling Like Hotcakes
Have you heard about the hottest new baby trend — multi-sensory toys? These creative toys promise to get your little one on the move while providing them with a stimulating, learning environment. And parents are scooping them up faster than ever.
Whether your baby is only a few weeks old or already crawling, these toys are designed to help them make big strides. From unique mobiles and tummy-time play mats to interactive puzzles, here’s how these multi-sensory toys can help your baby develop.
What are Multi-Sensory Toys?
Multi-sensory toys appeal to several different baby senses. These toys usually have bright colors, musical sounds and lots of movement. They’re designed to stimulate your child’s whole body and encourage learning and development. Not only will these toys help your baby learn how to move, but they can also help your baby learn basic sounds, words, hand-eye coordination, and problem-solving skills.
Types of Multi-Sensory Toys
The most popular types of multi-sensory toys come in the form of:
- Mobiles – Hang a mobile over your baby’s crib or playpen. When your baby looks up at the moving objects, they’ll be developing their vision.
- Tummy-time play mats – Provide tummy time entertainment with colorful toys and shapes. This encourages babies to lift their head and chest.
- Interactive puzzles – Toddlers can practice hand-eye coordination and problem-solving skills with interactive puzzles.
- Activity centers – Open-ended designs that invite babies to explore manipulation, colors, shapes, sounds and more.
Benefits of Multi-Sensory Toys
When used correctly, multi-sensory toys can provide great cognitive and physical benefits to your baby. These toys offer an opportunity to explore movement, touch, and sight in a safe and stimulating environment. Benefits include:
- Develops coordination and balance
- Gives your surroundings more visual appeal
- Promotes exploration and communication
- Reinforces healthy habits, like crawling and standing
- Gets your baby engaged in creative play
- Develops a sense of curiosity and problem solving
These multi-sensory toys are a wonderful way to help get your baby’s brain working and their little legs moving. So if you want to give your baby a head-start in crawling and developing skills, why not give one of these toys a try?