Ultimate Baby Proofing Checklist
Childproofing a home is a necessary step for every new parent. Put safety first and check the items off the ultimate baby proofing checklist to ensure your home is as secure as possible.
- Install a safety gate at the top and bottom of all stairs.
- Make sure the gate fits tightly and securely and cannot be easily pushed open with little fingers.
Cabinets and Drawers
- Secure all cabinets with locks, either by latch or key.
- Install magnetic locks if key locks are too complicated.
- For drawers, use safety latches that can only be opened with your hand.
Outlets and Appliances
- Install safety plugs in all outlets.
- Move appliances like TVs, microwaves, toasters and more to higher areas out of reach.
- Keep cords and cables out of your baby’s reach.
Tie Down Furniture
- Tie down furniture like dressers and bookcases.
- Use straps or furniture anchors to secure larger pieces in place.
- Avoid placing decorative items, such as statues, on high furniture.
Windows and Balconies
- Install window guards if your windows open directly above the ground.
- Keep windows and balcony doors locked and install sensors in the openings to alert you to an open window.
Doing all these simple steps will guarantee that your little one is safe and protected at all times. Follow this checklist, and you can rest assured that your baby can explore and have fun without worry.